Aadhaar Verification Services for a Quick Customer Onboarding
Any business requires background verification services to verify the KYC details of your customers. This involves a lot of paperwork and verifying them with their originals. This process is tedious, time-consuming and cumbersome as it involves meeting your customers in person to get their KYC documents verified. After the pandemic hit the world, this has become even more difficult due to various restrictions in place including the movement of people. To overcome such difficulties, you can avail online Aadhaar verification services with help of eSign facility. The eSign facility is an online electronic signature capability that helps an Aadhaar cardholder to digitally sign a document. An Aadhaar cardholder can avail these services from Aadhar verification service provider. The person can digitally sign their documents through Aadhar card verification solution. Authentication of the KYC documents through eSign, a service provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is easy, simple and authentic.
The Aadhar verification service provider uses an API to integrate eSign service provided by UIDAI along with their identity verification services. This helps to verify the Aadhar card of the customer by their biometrics or entering the OTP that is received on their registered mobile number. After successful signing of the documents, the signature of the signer is verified by the eKYC services of UIDAI. After the verification, consent being received from the signer while signing the documents. Later, an electronic signature will be ascribed on the submitted documents by eSign services of NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL e-Gov). This method is much faster than other methods like digital signatures that are done using Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) and e-Signature. It provides a stellar experience to the customers in signing and e verifying their KYC documents for quick customer onboarding. This can also be utilized for quick onboarding of employees by e verifying their documents to complete their joining formalities seamlessly in a face-paced manner.
Authenticity, Integrity and Validity of Aadhaar Verification Services
The Information Technology (IT) Act, 2000 provides:
- Legal sanctity to electronic signatures throughout India.
- Acceptance of the electronic signatures on par with the wet signatures helps to treat the electronically signed documents on par with the wet signed documents.
- Basic legal and administrative framework for e-commerce and promotes its growth by creating trust in electronically signed documents.
- The Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA) with rights to license and regulate the functioning of the Certifying Authorities such as eKYC services of UIDAI.
- UIDAI the rights to share the demographic data of your customer and their photograph that is electronically signed and encrypted with you.
Features of Aadhar Card Verification Solution
- Easy and simple: You can e verify the Aadhar number of your customers and employees in an easy and secure way. It can be done anywhere and anytime on any computerized device through digital Aadhaar verification service. It also makes the life of your customers and employees easier. They can digitally sign their documents anywhere and anytime on any computerized device through your digital background verification services.
- Legally valid: It is legally valid throughout India as The IT Act, 2000, of India provides legal sanctity to electronic signatures throughout India.
- Flexibility to implement: The eSign services of NSDL e-Gov integrates seamlessly with most of the Aadhar verification service provider’s application. It provides you with the flexibility to implement digital signature services. It can even verify the Aadhaar number easily over the internet. It is also easier for the customers to upload the documents with a few clicks. Then they can electronically sign them by entering the OTP sent by UIDAI to their registered mobile number or using biometrics in less than a few minutes.
- Secured: It encrypts user data, documents and signature at each and every stage with public keys. These are destroyed at your end after they are used to decrypt the user data, documents and signature of your customers.
- Privacy: The privacy of your customers and employees are maintained as per The IT Act, 2000, of India. This act entitles UIDAI to endorse the signature of the signer on their documents. It provides you with the demographic details of the customers and employees. But this can be obtained only after successful verification of their digital signature along with consent obtained from them.
Processes Involved in Aadhaar Verification
It is a series of steps involving Application Service Provider (ASP), eSign Service Provider (ESP) and Certifying Authority (CA) to provide background verification services. UIDAI is ESP, NSDL e-Gov is CA and your organisation is ASP.
To verify e verify Aadhar number:
- You have to ask the end-user to digitally sign the required documents.
- You have to create the documents to be digitally signed by the end-user.
- You have to collect the Aadhar number and authentication features such as biometrics (fingerprint or cornea scan) or OTP sent to the end user’s registered mobile number.
- You have to generate an input API to be used for eSign.
- You have to interface your Aadhaar verification service application with the eSign using API.
- ESP has to validate the input from the interfacing application and then produce the Aadhaar eKYC input based on Aadhaar eKYC API specification.
- ESP has to call the Aadhaar eKYC API.
- ESP has to generate a new public key for that Aadhaar cardholder.
- ESP has to send the new public key and eKYC information to the CA to certify the documents.
- CA has to provide Digital Signature Certificate and send it to ESP based on the information received from ESP.
- ESP has to sign the input documents of the end-user using the private key.
- ESP has to create an audit report that contains e-transaction details, timestamp and Aadhaar eKYC response.
- ESP has to transmit eSign API response to the eSign provider’s application after obtaining consent from the end-user. The consent of the end-user is collected at the time of signing the document using their biometrics or OTP received on their registered mobile number. It also displays a checkbox of their acceptance to provide their demographic information and photo along with their digital signature on their documents.
- You have to attach the signature to the required documents after you receive the signature from the ESP.
Benefits of Aadhar Card Verification Solution
- It is paperless which saves time, money and the environment.
- It is hassle-free because you need not reserve your precious office space to store paper documents. You can store the documents signed through the Aadhaar verification service on any cloud platforms or Digital Locker.
- It is authentic as the KYC details are electronically verified using biometrics or OTP sent to the end user’s registered mobile number.
- Online background verification services maintains integrity. It stores audit reports for future reference to trace if any malpractices were involved in signing the documents.
- It is suitable for individuals, businesses, government organisations and non-governmental organisations.
Aadhar verification service provides a comprehensive solution to your KYC verification needs electronically by making the process easy, simple and secure. This helps your organisation in a quick customer onboarding. You can also use the identity verification services to verify the Aadhaar number of your employees for a quick employee onboarding.